Skip to main content

My First Python Program

I am very glad today. Because I finally wrote a python program all by myself. I am programming for about 3 years. Of which 2 are using C++ (Old standard and using Turbo C++ IDE ver 3.0 and yet to master Templates and STL. [:-p]) and After starting python using Dive into Python an excellent book by Mark Pilgrim during my 1st year summer vacation, and I only completed Data Structure section. Then I found an excellent Java tutorial by Sang Shin and obtained a certificate by completing First and basic course in Java.

Now I am working with My Friend to develop applications in java. We established a web site already. He started programming when he is in 10, ie. more than 2 years of experience. He has Visual Basic too in his side. Now he is doing with JSP and I am concentrating on Python, Ruby (yet to start) and CSS.

Today My pleasure is that I completed a python program myself. Which is asked to do in 'A byte of Python' by Swaroop.C.H. Which is a command line program; and helps us to organize and store our contacts. But I found many Optimizations, that can be possible, when I wrote the code.
But I decided to do it later and possibly with another version number. It's licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.

All your suggestions are welcome. Also if there is any errors that I don't found, but your seasoned I found and any improvements; all are valuable to me. After a certain period I'll put this into my site.

you can download the sources:
source
and the book it self.
A byte of Python
**************************************************************


Creative Commons License
contact manager by Arun.K.R is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Correct way to structure your Django 1.4 projects

PS: This post is written assuming you're familiar with Django and at-least have some basic experience trying to set-up a Django project (for learning or for some cool project). Purpose: To show how to properly set-up your Django1.4 project after seeing other developers getting it wrong (seen it wrongly structured by my mentee, senior developers and junior developers at my firm.). Django 1.3 Project structure: Initial structure followed by two apps added to the project. Refer above picture, where I shown a Django < 1.4 project structure. (I know, at least Django 1.2 & 1.3 follows this structure). First tree view is of the initial structure that you will get by calling $ django-admin startproject Proj Take a note that manage.py, settings.py, urls.py are in the main folder. Following  tree display is after creating two apps named app1 & app2. You'll do it as follows $ ./manage.py startapp app1 $ ./manage.py start...

Finding per user contributions in an SVN repo

There was a need to get per user contributions in a project last year. That project was versioned using Subversion (svn). At last we came up with the following script, which surely is not fool proof, provides an over all per user contribution. Here it's: However, I left it to you to improve further; who knows the unmodified version might be good enough for you.

AJAX File Upload with Web2py

It was not that long, since I experienced a problem while trying to upload a file using an ajax  trapped form. I thought, it must be me doing something wrong. I was using web2py  to embed another page into a page via ajax. That is better known to web2py folk as LOADing a component. It's just happened that one of such component contains a file upload form. It was my first time using LOAD function provided by web2py. Basically it make use of jQuery to load the page via ajax into a target div and traps input of any form in that page, so that page doesn't reload. Oh, I forgot to say that web2py is bundled with jQuery. It's always boring and tedious to understand a problem without experiencing it. So, Let's play with an example, (PS: I"m using web2py a full stack python framework, but you can use any language at server side and this problem will be there because, it's a problem with ajax) My mod...